The pandemic has been challenging for everyone, but don’t think we have given up the ghost. We have been finding ways to continue the fellowship through all this.
While we did have to cancel the March meeting, we have been persevering since then. April we had a completely virtual meeting on Zoom. We hosted Zoom for the Virtual Big Brew on May, 2nd. Last month we tested the waters with a small, socially distanced, patio meeting. On the whole it went well, other than the cold weather and some technical issues with the virtual component.
We are working on a better setup to offer virtual attendance for the in-person meetings, and will be testing a new setup this week at our socially distanced meeting.
For those who wish to attend, please RSVP either by email or on our Facebook group. The rules for our socially distanced meeting are as follows:
- It will be held outside on the patio
- Members will be spaced at least 6 ft apart around the patio.
- When you arrive if you are contributing beer, approach the serving table individually to deposit your offering.
- For the tastings, the Master of Pours will sanitize their hands, and pour the required number of samples. Once the MoP steps away from the serving table, members may approach one at a time to collect their sample and return to their position on the patio.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Please police your empty cups.
- Be mindful of your own risk level as well as that of others in your household when deciding whether to join us at Dog Days. Also if you or someone you are in close contact with are feeling unwell, please err on the safe side and stay in for the night – remember we are offering a virtual attendance option.
Stay Safe & as the wonderful, wise Charlie Papazian said, “Relax, don’t worry, have a homebrew.”